Join us this holiday season is giving gifts to children in need around the world!
Operation Christmas Child is a project of Samaritan’s Purse, an international relief organization. Their mission is to provide local partners around the world with shoe boxes filled with small toys, hygiene items, and school supplies as a means of reaching out to children in their own communities with the Good News of Jesus Christ!
They ship these simple gifts outside the United States to children affected by war, poverty, natural disaster, famine, and disease; and to children living on Native American reservations in the U.S.
Their local ministry partners distribute your shoe boxes to children in their communities and after receiving these gifts, many boys and girls are invited to enroll in The Greatest Journey, a 12-lesson discipleship program with Samaritans Purse. Through the program, the local ministry partners are able to establish long-term, caring relationships with children and families by sharing the love of Jesus Christ.
LET’S GET STARTED!
Pick up as many Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes as you can fill. They are located in the church vestibule/entrance area.
PACK YOUR BOXES | How to Pack a Shoebox
1. Use an empty shoe box or small plastic container the size of a shoe box. Christmas wrapping is optional.
2. Place a label on the box indicating if the contents are for a boy or girl. Also indicate the child’s age category: 2-4, 5-9 or 10-14.
3. Fill the box with a variety of gifts such as:
- School supplies – pens, pencils, sharpeners, crayons, markers, writing pads, calculators, etc.
- Toys – small cars, balls, dolls, stuffed animals, yo-yos, jump rope, etc.
- Hygiene items- Toothbrush, soap (in plastic bag) comb, brush, etc. (NO TOOTHPASTE)
- Clothes – Socks, knit hats, hair clips, t-shirts, etc.
PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE
Do not include candy, toothpaste, gum, used or damaged items, toy guns, knives, military figures, chocolate, food, seeds, fruit rolls or snacks, drink mixes powdered or liquid), liquids, lotions, vitamins, medications, glass or aerosol cans.
DROP OFF DEADLINE
Drop off the shoe boxes at The Bridge Church no later than Sunday, November 11th.
Warehouse helpers are also needed on November 30th from 6pm to 10 pm and December 15th from 6 pm to 10 pm. Please see Jay Blakeborough if you are interested in assisting.